** This is a direct-hire opportunity with our client and is fully remote (indefinitely). Candidates must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.**
Our client is looking add a Senior Data Engineer to their team to build strong data and ETL infrastructure in building 2.0 of their platform in AWS. You will provide/direct technical expertise in the design, development, implementation, and testing of this new platform. You will also participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Lead the ETL efforts to create platform 2.0 using multiple technologies create/implement data processing frameworks and analytical infrastructure.
- Define, design, and implement data integration, management, storage, consumption, backup, and recovery solutions that ensure the high performance of the organization's enterprise data.
- Integrate new data sources into existing backend, ensuring interoperability and integrity with the current platform flows.
- Maintain data pipelines & data systems
- Design, build, and automate solutions utilizing AWS services not limited to IAM, Glue, Lambda, S3, Athena, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, RDS, EMR, ECS, Route 53 and Redshift.
- B.S. in relevant technical degree with minimum 5+ years Data Engineering experience
- Experienced with AWS services and AWS-native CI/CD tools
- Experienced designing data pipelines & data solutions
- Experience in tools like Jenkins, GIT and/or AWS CodePipeline/CodeBuild/CodeDeploy
- Experienced with Python, PostgreSQL, and writing complex SQL queries and analysis of data correlations
- Experience building data-driven unit test suites for data platforms and modelling highly dimensional data
- Ability to work independently and integrate with other team members
- Project management skills, to scope out timeline, methodology, and deliverables for development, testing, and integration into the platform
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find Data Engineers who are the right fit for our clients. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment (40 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- 2-3 Interviews with the Client
- Job Offer!